Sunday, August 21, 2016

TALES OF THE SOUTHWEST: SPELLS, LOVE POTIONS, SEEING DEAD PEOPLE AND SUCH



              By Grant McGee
  

                
                 I once got an email from an old friend asking a favor.  Seems she was looking for a way to win back a guy who’d broken up with her.  She was wondering if, in my travels or amongst my friends, I knew anyone who knew how to cast love spells.
                The fact is I have a relative who believes in such things:  Casting spells, being visited by “spirits,” seeing dead people.  I didn’t think I ought to put them in touch with each other.
 “Well,” I wrote back, “I think you should just put it to the Universe.  Go someplace private….just you and speak out loud.  Ask for him back and see what happens.  I wouldn’t mess with spells, you may be altering Karma.”
                I never did want to cast a spell on someone.  Oh, alright, I kicked it around once or twice.  Alright, maybe three times or four.  When all was said and done I thought it wouldn’t be such a good idea.  It seems to me you’d just be asking for trouble.  I’m a firm believer in Karma, also known as “What goes around comes around” or as its written in The Good Book in Galatians, “…for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.”
                See it seems as natural to me that if you cast a spell on someone that you’d better watch your back because that energy is liable to come back around and smack you in the ass.
I’ve seen “what goes around comes around” exact a toll on those who didn’t watch their actions in life.  I must confess there have been times I’ve seen karma come around on some folks who were mean to others and I thought, “See?”
Anyway, days later the friend wrote back and said she was going to forego spell casting and let nature take its course. 
I was glad.  Bad Karma is kind of like bicycle grease:  No matter how hard you scrub it’s tough to get off.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment